Ingredients (serves 4-5)
1 lb organic ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp cayenne (can add more if you’re about that spicy life)
Salt and pepper to taste
OPTIONAL – Add 1/2 cup of feta or goat cheese
1. Preheat cast iron skillet on stove top – medium/high heat is best. Add 1-2 tbsp avocado oil (olive oil is okay too).
2. Add all ingredients into large bowl and mix together with hands until combined – but don’t over do it!
3. Using your hands grab a fist sized ball and begin to form into patties – depending on the size you want you can make anywhere from 4-6 burgers.
4. Head over to skillet and add burgers – you should hear a nice sizzle – cook each side ~5-7 minutes depending on how you like your burger.
5. Once done remove from skillet and allow to rest 3-5 min. Enjoy baby!
MY TOPPINGS OF CHOICE: avocado, tomato, horseradish spicy mustard, vegan cheese, arugula